The New Raspberry Pi 3 is here..
It’s here, the new Raspberry Pi 3 Model B is out and just in time for the Raspberry Pi Foundation’s 4th Birthday. This newest rendition of the Raspberry Pi now includes 802.11n WiFi, no more WiFi dongles. It also includes Bluetooth 4.0 which means your wireless keyboard and mouse should work right out of the gate. The PI 3 also now has a quad-core 64-bit ARM Cortex A53 running at 1.2 GHz.
Under the hood of the new Raspberry Pi 3:
- SoC: Broadcom BCM2837 (roughly 50% faster than the Pi 2)
- CPU: 1.2 GHZ quad-core ARM Cortex A53 (ARMv8 Instruction Set)
- GPU: Broadcom VideoCore IV @ 400 MHz
- Memory: 1 GB LPDDR2-900 SDRAM
- USB ports: 4
- Network: 10/100 MBPS Ethernet, 802.11n Wireless LAN, Bluetooth 4.0
I looked on amazon today and did not see the pi available.. You can still grab Version 2 though. I use the version 2 of the p to run ISS Above and will probably start looking to Version 3 for RetroPie andd see how the N64 emulator stacks up with this new Pi..